Monday, April 4, 2011

The Weekly Fashion Maven

GWEN STEFANI

With her fearless and unique sense of style, her stunning platinum blonde locks, signature red lips and a one of a kind voice she is sure to leave a mark as one of the most original female artists in music history. This talented singer/songwriter/ designer first burst onto the music scene as the lead singer of a popular band called "No Doubt" in the early 90's. Although the band had been around for much longer they came into fame with their first big single called" Just a Girl". To this day I can still remember how that song and video influenced my life. I remember being in my early teens,seeing that video and being in awe of such a strong, beautiful rocker chick. I instantly cut my bangs like her, dyed my hair platinum and  tried to copy her clothing style. Big baggy pants and tiny little tank tops. Well, many years have passed though I still continue to watch her style and music evolve. She is never afraid to take risks with her fashion choices and that to me is admirable. She has now gone solo since her days with "No Doubt" and has had major success, although "No Doubt" will always have a special place in my heart and will continue to bring back fond memories of when I was a young hooligan. My little "skater girl" years:) Also,  Gwen Stefani is a successful fashion designer for her clothing line L.A.M.B??  You can check out the her clothing line at her website by clicking on the link I have provided for you below:http://www..l-a-m-b.com/




      

No comments:

Post a Comment